Wednesday, March 18, 2009

My Favorite Free Applications




Hello everyone.

I just want to share my favorite apps that I use on my pc.

I am currently testing Windows 7. It seems to work very fast on my system. I haven't turned off my pc for about a month now and it is still holding up.

For protection, I use

For Cleaning and Tweaking

CCleaner

CCleaner is a freeware system optimization, privacy and cleaning tool. It removes unused files from your system - allowing Windows to run faster and freeing up valuable hard disk space. It also cleans traces of your online activities such as your Internet history. Additionally it contains a fully featured registry cleaner. But the best part is that it's fast (normally taking less than a second to run) and contains NO Spyware or Adware! :)


Anti Virus

AVG Anti Virus
AVG Free Edition is the well-known anti-virus protection tool. AVG Free is available free-of-charge to home users for the life of the product! Rapid virus database updates are available for the lifetime of the product, thereby providing the high-level of detection capability that millions of users around the world trust to protect their computers.

This is a really nice Antivirus. They seem to update their data base everyday. It can also scan programs after downloading them on your pc.


Anti Spyware

Spybot Search and Destroy

Spybot - Search & Destroy can detect and remove spyware of different kinds from your computer. Spyware is a relatively new kind of threat that common anti-virus applications do not yet cover. If you see new toolbars in your Internet Explorer that you didn't intentionally install, if your browser crashes, or if you browser start page has changed without your knowing, you most probably have spyware.

This I use every week. Even our IT here recommends this.

They all can be found at this Filehippo website and they are all free.








1 comment:

ABNPOPPA said...

Stephan.

The time might indicate you were blogging on company time. I know that is not true as you were most likely on break.

Thanks for stopping by Conservative Outrage. My readers have only you and Peter Chen to complain to about me blogging. LOL LOL

I'm on board with you buddy.

Pops